Founded in 2018, Mae House is a California licensed Adult Residential Facility (ARF) for women with developmental disabilities.
We are a long-term independent residential community committed to extending the development of each member as she matures through every phase of life. Click here to learn more about who are and meet our members.
We strive to create a Home for Life for our members.
Our vision is to provide a residential community and home for adults with developmental disabilities to live active engaging lives.
Our mission is to foster a full and abundant life for adults with developmental disabilities within a supportive and loving community and homes.
Mae House stands out for the following reasons:
- Member-Centered Care: provide opportunities for personal growth and independence
- Emotional and Mental Well-being: Equine & canine therapy, yoga, mindful breathing
- Nutrition Program: Encourage healthy eating habits, choices, and nutrition
- Faith Based: Kindness, compassion, and sincerity
- Community Building: Family involvement and outreach support
- 501 (C)(3) Nonprofit Organization: Focusing on serving our members first
Statistics on Housing for Adults with Developmental Disabilities in California:
- Around 6 million adults in the US have been diagnosed with a Developmental Disability (DD).
- In California, an estimated 625,000 individuals have been diagnosed with a Developmental Disability (DD). (2018)
- There is currently a shortage of homes to house adults with DDs; in California there is a shortfall of approximately 100,000 homes per year. (2018)
- A vast majority of adults with Developmental Disabilities (DDs) live at home with an elderly parent/caregiver. When their parent/caregiver passes away, these individuals are placed into homeless shelters, nursing homes and foster care.
Given these statistics, there is a constant need and demand for ARFs to serve adults with Developmental Disabilities. Mae House is committed to being part of the solution.
Click here to Make a Gift today.
Contact Us at: Info@maehouse.org | Facebook: @maehouse521 | Instagram: @MaeHouse